BEETROOT AND GOATS CHEESE CANAPE BITES
These bite sized canapes are perfect for a party, easy to eat and so easy to make.
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co original or wholemeal pizza dough
- 2 cooked beetroot, sliced
- ½ a goat’s cheese log, sliced
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter, and cut circles using a cookie cutter of around 3cm in diameter (or use a small lid from a jar as a guide and cut with a knife). You should get around 10-12 circles depending on how thin you have rolled your dough.
Move your circles base to the lightly floured baking tray and add a piece of beetroot, then a piece of goat’s cheese. Move to the hot oven for approx. 3-4 mins, checking regularly towards the end of the cooking time. Your bites will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the cheese has slightly browned. Remove from the oven and share (or not!)
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!