What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (try our rosemary or chilli dough for a flavour twist!)
- 2x tablespoons of tomato passata
- Mozzarella cheese (we use a mix of grated and classic mozzarella balls)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza. if you prefer a thicker crust, stop rolling when your pizza base is around 8-10 inches).
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray, spread the passata thinly across the surface, and add your cheese as generously as you like. You can add your basil leaves before or after cooking, depending on how you prefer them. Add additional toppings if you have any to hand, fridge leftovers are great on pizza! We love olives, capers, and a little crushed garlic. Move to the hot oven for approx.. 8-10 mins, checking regularly towards the end of the cooking time. Your pizza will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share (or not!) and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!