FRESH CRAB, SPRING ONION & FENNEL PIZZA WITH PEPPADEWS, MASCARPONE AND MOZZARELLA PEARLS
Creamy seafood spiked with spring onions, the bite of shredded Peppadews and the aniseed hit of fennel make this pizza truly worthy of its description as a flavourbomb!
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough, or try our chilli dough for some extra heat (find it in the frozen aisle)
- 1 dressed crab, white and brown meat included
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon mozzarella pearls
- 3x Peppadew peppers (available in jars)
- Handful of fresh fennel tops, chopped
- Sprinkle of semolina flour (optional)
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza.
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray (use semolina flour if you have it, for added crunch, or just plain flour if not). Mix the mascarpone, crab meat, and fennel tops together in a bowl, then spread evenly across the surface of your dough. Arrange the Peppadews and spring onions across the top, then dot with torn mozzarella pearls. Move to the hot oven for approx. 8-10 mins. Your pizza will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven, add lots of fresh black pepper and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!