GARLIC MUSHROOM, BACON AND MOZZARELLA PIZZA WITH CRISPY KALE
Garlic mushrooms, crispy bacon, melty cheese?! The crispy kale adds some crunchy texture and makes you feel good. No need to say more…!
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (find it in the frozen aisle)
- 1x tablespoon tomato passata
- 2x tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 1x tablespoon of crispy cooked bacon, lightly crumbled
- 8x chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1x teaspoon lazy garlic
- Glug of olive oil
- Handful of kale, finely chopped and stalks removed
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Heat a frying pan and add the oil and lazy garlic, then add the mushrooms, leaving them still for several minutes so they pick up lots of colour rather than moving them around in the pan. When they have browned all over and absorbed all of the garlic and oil, turn off the heat. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza.
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray (use semolina flour if you have it, for added crunch, or just plain flour if not). Spread the passata across the surface, then add the mushrooms, and cheese, before sprinkling the bacon and kale over the top (which will go deliciously crisp in the oven) Move to the hot oven for 8-10 mins until and the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!