LAMB, FETA AND POMEGRANATE PIZZA WITH PEPPADEWS, MINT AND YOGHURT
This recipe is the perfect alfresco feast, with the spicy toppings perfectly balanced by adding fresh mint and yoghurt, and a burst of pomegranate sweetness after cooking.
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (if you love heat, our chilli dough is a must for this recipe!)
- 2 tablespoons lamb mince
- 50g feta cheese, cubed
- 2-3 Peppadew peppers, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza. if you prefer a thicker crust, stop rolling when your pizza base is around 8-10 inches).
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray, spread the uncooked lamb mince evenly across the base, then top with the feta and Peppadews. Move to the hot oven for approx. 8-10 mins, checking regularly towards the end of the cooking time. Your pizza will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the meat has cooked through. Add your remaining toppings, adding dollops of yogurt across the top. Slice, share (or not!) and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!