When you make a home-made curry, it deserves the freshest of bread accompaniments, and this takes just minutes to create.
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co pizza dough (chilli adds some extra spice to your curry flavours)
- 1 tablespoon Nigella (black onion) seeds
- Home-made or takeaway curry
Cut your dough ball into four quarters, and flatten/ stretch each piece with your fingers and hands until it is roughly 0.5cm thickness. Sprinkle the Nigella seeds evenly onto a plate, and place the dough on top, pushing it into the seeds so they stick. Heat a large, flat bottomed frying pan (don’t use oil, keep the pan dry) until it’s scorchingly hot, and then carefully drop your dough onto the surface, two at a time if they will fit. Turn the pieces every 10-15 seconds, until they start to char and puff up in places. It will take arounds 1-2 mins in total. Store the cooked flatbreads in tin foil while you cook the rest to keep them warm. Serve with your favourite curry, scooped with the bread.
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!