GO-TO CLASSIC, PEPPERONI PIZZA
There’s a reason this recipe sits on every pizzeria menu across the globe, oozy, salty and delicious, it’s no wonder it’s a classic. Recreate it in all its glory in your very own home, you’ll never look back!
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (if you love heat, our chilli dough adds a delicious kick to this classic!)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato passata
- 60g grated mozzarella cheese
- Your favourite pepperoni – as many slices as you like (we won’t judge)
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza. if you prefer a thicker crust, stop rolling when your pizza base is around 8-10 inches).
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray, spread evenly with passata and add the pepperoni and cheese (we like to do this in slight layers, so some of the pepperoni edges are crisp, and others covered in oozy cheese). Move to the hot oven for approx.. 8-10 mins, checking regularly towards the end of the cooking time. Your pizza will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share (or not!) and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!