PROSCUITTO, FIG AND BLUE CHEESE PIZZA WITH MASCARPONE AND HONEY
If you’re a fan of sweet and salty, you’ll love this delicious autumn combination of flavours with the creaminess of mascarpone making it feel fantastically indulgent.
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (find it in the frozen aisle)
- 2x heaped tablespoons of mascarpone cheese
- 4x slices prosciutto
- Handful of blue cheese, crumbled
- 1x level tablespoon honey (to taste)
- 2-3 fresh figs, halved
Sprinkle of semolina flour (optional)
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter, or try an oval for a more interesting shape (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza).
Move your pizza base to a lightly floured baking tray (use semolina flour if you have it, for added crunch, or just plain flour if not), spread the mascarpone across the surface using the back of a spoon, then add the figs, blue cheese and prosciutto evenly over the top. Move to the hot oven for approx. 8-10 mins. Your pizza will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven, drizzle the honey, add lots of freshly ground black pepper and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it. Slice, share and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!