ROASTED VEG AND MASCARPONE PIZZA
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co pizza dough (this works well with all our pizza dough variants, but we’d highly recommend you try it with rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato passata
- 3 tablespoons roasted veggies of your choice
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- Basil leaves
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza. if you prefer a thicker crust, stop rolling when your pizza base is around 8-10 inches).
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray, spread evenly with passata, add the veggies and dots of mascarpone. Move to the hot oven for approx.. 8-10 mins, checking regularly towards the end of the cooking time. Your pizza will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 mins and add your fresh basil leaves. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share (or not!) and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!