SAUSAGE, SQUASH, SAGE AND CARAMELISED ONION PIZZA WITH MASCAPONE
With all the flavours of autumn, this pizza offers serious comfort food factor. Enjoy wrapped in a blanket by the fire!
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (find it in the frozen aisle)
- 1x tablespoon tomato passata
- 1x tablespoon mascarpone
- 1x tablespoon sausage meat (roughly two sausages, skin removed)
- 2x tablespoons butternut squash, cut into 0.5cm cubes
- 1x tablespoon caramelised onion chutney
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Add boiling water to a medium saucepan, and add the butternut cubes, then return to the boil until they float to the top of the water. Drain and put to the side. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza.
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray (use semolina flour if you have it, for added crunch, or just plain flour if not). Spread the passata across the surface, then add pieces of the sausage meat evenly across the base. Add the squash, then blobs of mascarpone and chutney evenly. Sprinkle over the torn sage then move to the hot oven for 8-10 mins until and the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!