SAUSAGE AND CHUTNEY ROLLS
Perfect for parties, or even a quick weekend lunch, these meaty, melty rolls of deliciousness won’t last long.
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co pizza dough (this works well with all our pizza dough variants, but we’d highly recommend you try it with rosemary)
- 2 pork sausages, skins removed
- 2 tablespoons roasted onion chutney
- 2 tablespoons of grated mozzarella
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter. Spread the sausage meat evenly over the surface (it can be easier to do with a knife), add a further layer of chutney then sprinkle with grated mozzarella. Roll the pizza dough from the bottom upwards, to create a tight spiral until you have a long sausage shape, then cut slices of around 1.5cms. Flip the slices so the spiral faces up, and lay onto a lightly floured baking tray. Move to the hot oven for approx. 5-7 mins, checking regularly towards the end of the cooking time. They will turn golden brown and the cheese will bubble when ready. Leave to cool for 3 mins as the filling will be very hot. Share (or not!) and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!