SPICY NDUJA AND AUBERGINE PIZZA WITH SANDHAM’S LANCASHIRE CHILLI CHEESE
If you like it hot, you’ll love this! With spikes of flavour from both the nduja and the chilli cheese, but the sweetness of passata and mozzarella to balance it out, it will be a go-to recipe for chilli fans.
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (find it in the frozen aisle) try it with our chilli dough for even more heat!
- 2x tablespoons tomato passata
- 1x tablespoon spicy nduja, chopped
- ½ tablespoon Sandham’s Lancashire chilli cheese, crumbled (from the cheese counter)
- 1x tablespoon roasted aubergines (available in jars)
- 6 mini mozzarella pearls
- Fresh basil leaves
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza.
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray, spread the passata across the surface, then spread the other ingredients evenly over the top, finishing with the fresh basil leaves. Arrange the courgette ribbons on top of the spinach and then sprinkle the peas and cheese. Move to the hot oven for approx. 8-10 mins. Your pizza will be ready when the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!