SUMMER GREENS AND EGG PIZZA
For when you want all freshness of green veggies but also need something to dip your slice into!
What you'll need...
- 1x ball of Northern Dough Co Original pizza dough (find it in the frozen aisle)
- Large handful of wilted spinach
- 2x tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2x tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 small courgette, grated into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon garden peas
- 1 egg
Pre-heat your oven to its hottest setting, and lightly flour your worksurface, rolling pin (if using) and baking tray. Roll or stretch your dough to approx. 10-12 inches in diameter (this will give you a classic Neapolitan style thin and crispy pizza.
Move your pizza base to the lightly floured baking tray, spread the mascarpone across the surface using the back of the spoon, then spread the wilted spinach (all water squeezed out) evenly over the top. Arrange the courgette ribbons on top of the spinach and then sprinkle the peas and cheese. Move to the hot oven for 3 mins, then carefully remove and crack an egg into the centre. Return to the oven for 6-8 mins until the white of your egg has cooked through and the crust has turned golden brown and the toppings are bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 mins. As well as preventing burnt mouths, this also helps the pizza topping to ‘set’ and means your toppings won’t slide when you slice into it! Slice, share and enjoy!
We’d love to see your pizzas on our social media @northerndoughco please tag us in your delicious creations!
- Always flour your surface so you can easily roll out your dough
- Move the dough to your pizza stone/baking tray before you top your dough
- It’s good to be greedy, but make sure you don’t go over the top with your toppings, it’ll make your pizza soggy!